Low-Sugar Jam Recipe
Is there anything more delicious than (gluten-free) toast, butter, and jam??
The problem is that most jams are FULL of sugar.
I love to make my own jam, that way I can control how much sugar goes into it. It's also SUPER simple to make.
- 2 cups of berries (frozen berries work too)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice syrup/raw honey (more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Place the fruit, lemon juice, and rice syrup/honey in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Simmer 15 minutes until it bubbles and breaks down; use a potato masher or fork to mash the fruit to your desired consistency.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chia seeds until well combined, then let it sit at least 15 minutes to allow the chia seeds to gelatinize.
- The longer it sits the more jammy it gets.
- It will keep in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
If you like a really smooth jam you can puree the fruit mixture in a blender, but more washing up so..... I take the mash it with a fork option!