Vegan Chocolate Fondants With Vanilla Cashew Cream
Are you ready to make the BEST gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan pudding?
I'm not even exaggerating, this is truly the best healthy pudding I have ever made and it's so simple!
It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and just over 10 minutes in the oven. You are going to love them!
Ingredients to make 4 fondants:
- 5 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 125g self-raising gluten-free flour
- 3 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- 60g coconut sugar (the original recipe suggests 100g)
- 150 ml almond/rice or oat milk (I used Rude Health Rice milk)
- 4 squares of dark chocolate (I used green & blacks 85%)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Brush 4 8 cm ramekins with melted coconut oil.
- Put the flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and a pinch of salt into a large bowl. Stir to remove any lumps.
- Add the coconut oil and milk and mix again until smooth
- Divide the mixture evenly between the ramekins. Place 1 square of chocolate on top of each ramekin and push down using your finger until they reach the middle. Smooth the mixture over the top to cover the chocolate.
- Place the ramekins on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until risen and the top is set but the fondants wobble if gently shaken - you want the centre to be gooey.
- Remove from the oven, immediately place a plate on top of each ramekin, turn them over and gently flip them out onto the plate, or serve in their ramekins. Eat immediately!
CREDIT: Original recipe from Deliciously Ella's book 'Quick & Easy.'
These pudding go really well with Vanilla Cashew Nut Cream.
All you need are:
- 100g raw cashew nuts
- Filtered water
- 1 dessertspoon of rice or maple syrup
- 1 generous teaspoon of vanilla paste
- Optional (but really good!) 10 drops of doTERRA wild orange essential oil
- Soak 1 cup of cashews in a bowl of water for 10 minutes +
- Blend cashew with 1 cup of water (add more for desired consistency)
- Add vanilla, syrup and wild orange essential oil.
- Keep in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
Anyone who knows me knows that I love chocolate. I truly believe that you can be your ideal weight and be healthy whilst enjoying delicious treats like this one. It's not the kind of pudding I'd eat every day, because it's very rich, but I will happily enjoy it when we have friends or family over for a meal. Being healthy does not mean that you need to deprive yourself. It's the opposite. When you have a good relationship with food and a balanced attitude to sugar you can enjoy a little of what you fancy without it becoming a binge. It's all about establishing healthy habits, which you can learn more about in my 30 day cleanse and restore detox here.
Be sure to let me know if you make these rich, chocolate gooey puddings and let me know if you love them as much as me!
If you LOVE chocolate, like me, you'll LOVE this free healthier chocolate recipe ebook.
It's yours free, because we chocolate lovers need to support one another!
You may also like to try: