Is there anything more delicious than fresh creamy nut milk?
Well, maybe chocolate?
In which case, fresh almond/cashew milk hot cacao might just be my dream come true!
How to make Fresh Almond Milk:
- Soak 100g organic raw almonds in a bowl of water for 12-24 hours.
- Strain water from almonds after 12 + hours.
- Blend 3 cups of filtered water with almonds.
- Use a nut milk bag or muslin cloth to strain the pulp from the liquid.
- Optional: add 1 dessert spoon of honey/rice/maple syrup and blend again.
- Optional: add a teaspoon of vanilla powder and blend again.
How to make Fresh Almond Hot Cacao
- Warm-up almond milk
- Add a generous teaspoon of raw cacao powder
- Add sweetener of choice to taste if you feel it needs it
- Optional: Add 1 drop of doTERRA wild orange essential oil
What to do with the left-over almond pulp?
No worries, my friend, I have got you covered!
The pulp is dry, fat-less, fibre leftover from straining the almonds.
Combine (in a bowl) the:
- Almond pulp
- 1-2 tablespoon of liquid sweetener of choice (honey/rice/maple syrup)
- 1-2 tablespoons of raw cacao
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao nibs
- Optional:6-8 drops of doTERRA wild orange essential oil
Mix together and roll into balls. Keep in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
Making fresh cashew nut milk is even easier than almond milk.
Simply soak cashew nuts for 10 minutes + then blend 1 cup of cashew nuts to 2 cups of fresh water and hey presto, it's ready!
I post a video recipe, or something else that I'm using and loving every week in my Facebook group MIRANDA LOVES.
Grab my FREE complete gluten-free guide, with delicious gluten-free recipes.