Essential oils represent nature in it’s most concentrated form. The oils are a plant’s natural immune system: it’s what they produce to protect themselves in the wild, in the absence of sharp teeth or a hunter’s instinct! We, like plants are carbon-based, so if a plant has properties that protects it against environmental/seasonal threats, and/or contains naturally occurring antioxidants, then these are transferred to our body’s immune system so it can be strengthened to support us in the same way.
Essential oils can support our bodies physically, but also play an important role in supporting our emotional and mental wellbeing through their aromatic use.
I run an introduction to essential oils class every monday at 7.15 PM £10 per person, which is redeemable against any purchase, drop me a line if you would like to come! Or watch my online video : https://youtu.be/H0bcZyxRvfo
OR send me an e-mail with your number 1 health concern and I will send you an oil to try and see if it helps! Watch this 2 minute video to find out why I love essential oils :
This month’s testimonial:
“Recently I have started using doTERRA deep blue roll on oil, to help ease the pain in my finger joints, caused by arthritis. I have been so pleased with the results, the pain has been reduced considerably within a few minutes of applying the deep blue oil to my fingers. AMAZING.” Gail, 60, Oxfordshire
Of course, they can, and have been for centuries, also used for food preparation (a drop of peppermint in some home-made raw chocolate, for example), toxin free cleaning, toxin free beauty and hygiene regimes.
And apart from their physical and emotional benefits, it’s essential oils that give flowers and plants their beautiful fragrances, which we can bring into our homes without the chemical nasties that come with artificial air fresheners.
Some examples of how we use the essential oils:
Peppermint to help reduce bloating or gas, and to aid with clear breathing
Lavender to help ease the discomfort of itchy skin
Deep Blue to help reduce the tension around your forehead
Clary Sage to help provide comfort from pre-menstrual symptoms
Digestzen to aid digestion and maintain overall digestive health
Melaleuca to cleanse the skin, and can promote a healthy immune function
On Guard to protect against environmental threats and help support a healthy respiratory function
Many essential oils are topped up with fillers, carrier oils, and cheaper oils, not to mention they can frequently contain chemicals and pesticides. Whether you choose to put these oils in your bath, diffuse them, or apply them topically onto your skin, they go into your blood system, and then beyond that into your cells, so you must ensure their purity.
dōTERRA essential oils, through ethical/chemical-free growing and processing techniques, as well as in-depth testing, including using a third party for the final tests, are of the highest grade. They set their own standards, CPTG (Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade), so they can guarantee to us that these oils are 100% pure and potent – when used responsibly (something I am passionate about teaching) they are safe and they work!
How to use
There are four application methods, all of which are safe when used appropriately, each having their own purpose and benefits.
Via a diffuser using cold water, the benefits of which are:
- Emotional/mental well-being: essential oils are quickly absorbed by the olfactory (smell) receptors, and sent back into the limbic part of your brain (the emotional centre of your brain)
- Air purification: ridding unpleasant odours, but also helping to physically purify the air from seasonal threats
- Respiratory support: as we inhale the aromatic compounds into our lungs
- Good for targeting a particular area, e.g. a wound, joint ache, headache
- Use of a carrier oil (e.g. fractionated coconut oil) can increase absorption, and is generally recommended, especially for sensitive skin
- This is a lovely way to use the oils on our children for them to receive the benefits of the oils, but also the connection with their loved ones
Orally (not for children under the age of puberty)
This is essentially topical application in the mouth:
- Perhaps you are looking to support gum health, or ease tooth ache.
- Some people like to put a drop of Frankincense under their tongue daily too, to support healthy cellular function.
Internally (not for children under the age of puberty)
When used in appropriate amounts (to be found on labelling recommendations and other professional guidelines), taking essential oils internally in a capsule can support our over all well being, particularly our digestive health, as well as adding flavour to food and drink.
- Without realising it, you probably already consume essential oils, for example in a cup of herbal tea, or a bar of raw chocolate (orange being a good example)!
Wholesale account = 25% off !
The most economical way to buy dōTERRA essential oils is to set up a wholesale account.
This means that you get 25% off all orders for a year!
It costs £28 to set up an account or is free with a kit. With a wholesale account, you can also benefit from dōTERRA’s offers of:
- A 1-to-1 call with me and continued education and support around the oils
- The Free Product of the Month
- Points back on orders (between 10-30%) which you can use to treat yourself to free oils
If you would like to set up a wholesale account, simply send me an email email@example.com or give me a call 07968151063, so I can set up your account, after that you will have your membership and be able to buy directly from the website or you can follow this link
Click join & save, click join at the bottom of the page, choose the country you live in and your language choose wholesale customer – and if you would like to become a wellness advocate we can convert you at any time – enter your details, choose your oils. We recommend the home essentials kit to start with. Please remember that unless you choose a kit you will need to add wholesale membership to your order. Let me know if you need help!